Now that Valentine’s Day is over, you can celebrate a real national holiday — “National Drink Wine Day”! Pop the cork and enjoy a glass of your favorite Chardonnay, Merlot, Pinot, Shiraz, or Zinfandel in honor of the occasion…
Starting tonight, customers at Avenue Flower Shop and Wine bar will be able to have a glass of wine, order a bouquet of flowers and play a little video poker.
Customers can ship up to six bottles for a fee of $9.99, according to Amazon.
Meet a handful of Chicago’s best sommeliers and wine directors who are bold, deep, crisp, focused, sparkling, noble and yes, perhaps a little spicy!
CBS 2’s Roseanna Tellez reports from the historic Cheney Mansion, where organizers set up tables with wine.
Everybody wants to have a bargain, and good wine doesn’t have to be expensive. This morning (Thursday, Sept. 6), wine expert Ron Breitstein had some ideas for bargains.
Starbucks has selected the first Chicago-area store to offer an expanded menu that includes beer and wine. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey was at the grand opening.
Old-school establishments are some of my favorite city nightspots. While I’m no stranger to many of the newer bars lining Chicago streets, it’s the atmosphere of the city’s older watering holes that piques my interest. Before you belly up to the local bar, take a peek at what’s on tap at several longstanding Chicago bars.
Wine bars have evolved quite a bit in recent years, and now appear in a lot more varieties than they used to. You don’t have to be a glasses-and-turtleneck Wine Spectator subscriber to appreciate them, either, as the food (and, yes, beer) at many local establishments has broadened the wine bar appeal…
When a friend asked me if I wanted to play a “real-life” version of Clue, I jumped at the chance. A dinner party that combines the board-game-setting with being a real-life sleuth sounded like a great solution for this grown up gamer.
It’s no surprise when we hear news of prices going up on today’s hottest products, but stop the presses — we’ve got good news about lots of products that will cost less in 2012.
The right wine can make Valentine’s Day very special indeed, and our resident wine expert, Ron Breitstein of Tenzing Wine and Spirits, joined us this morning with some suggestions.
Little gifts and romantic gestures need no occasion when you’re head over heels for a special someone. Still, there are times when it’s more than appropriate to pull out all the stops and really layer on the indulgence. While it is the thought that counts, we’ve picked some delightful goods and experiences that are sure to win some hearts (or at least serious Brownie points).
You can smell the smoker used at Barn & Company, a BBQ bar, a block away. The atmosphere is overwhelmingly fun! The layout is as big as a barn, the lighting is warehouse-bright, and the wood walls are adorned with pigs…
One reason I love Chicago so much is that a night out means endless possibilities. From doughnut shops to wine bars and comedy venues, I make a point to try as many spots as I can, while still watching my wallet. Take a look at my quest to hit the streets for good food and fun for under $30!
The Illinois wine industry is growing, and a census of sorts will help vintners realize how much it has grown in the past five years.
For a tutorial on the best wines to go with your Christmas dinner, or the ones that would make the best gifts, we were joined this morning by wine expert Ron Breitstein. Here’s some more information on what he showed us.
Starbucks now wants to be your first stop on the way home from work for happy hour.
Turkey, cornbread or stuffing? Choose your favorites from this array of classic Thanksgiving foods.
I’m hooked on BYOBs. I’ll trade a $9 glass of wine for an $8 bottle any day. What an ingenious idea, and it’s even better when you nix the corkage fees. These locales offer a twist on the bring-your-own-booze concept. Check them out!
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!