It was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.
Bond is set at $300,000 for the 17-year-old Glenview teenager accused of stabbing another teen, and whom the defense accuses of stealing an iPhone belonging to a friend off the suspect.
A Glenview teen who tried to help a friend retrieve a stolen iPhone has been charged with attempted murder for stabbing the alleged thief.
Say goodbye to the dragon and get ready to celebrate the year of the snake as the Chicagoland area prepares for the Chinese new year. From tea ceremonies to parades, there’s plenty to do to start the new year. Use this list to get started in planning your own festivities.
Fifty people and 12 dogs marched against the proposal by Petco to put a store on the eastern edge of downtown Winnetka. Connor and Sloane Grant, all of 10 and 8, drew signs supporting the local pet store “Noah’s Ark.”
32 American students are among the “best of the best” being offered Rhodes Scholarships to study at Oxford University.
A Winnetka village trustee was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after she was pulled over for a traffic stop in Skokie early this past Thursday morning.
Police say a cougar may be roaming around the affluent North Shore suburb of Winnetka.
The 2012 Olympics are over, and now, two members of the U.S. Men’s Swimming Team from the Chicago area are back home, basking in the glory.
Three athletes with ties to the Chicago-area qualified for the medal rounds of their respective sports on Saturday at the 2012 Olympics in London.
A suburban swimmer hopes to make a splash at the London 2012 Summer Games and not just in the pool. First time Olympian Conor Dwyer of Winnetka wants to win a medal.
That pup appreciates every mundane conversation and doesn’t care about bank accounts or status symbols. He just wants to play, and in Chicago’s warm months, that means a righteous swim somewhere dogs are welcome. Make that best buddy happy at the city’s best doggy dip options.
Life jackets may have saved the lives of two 14-year-old girls when they were thrown from a jet ski and spent more than an hour floating in Lake Michigan Monday near north suburban Winnetka.
Students and staff at New Trier High school are grieving over the weekend death of a former teacher and administrator.
A man died Tuesday evening after an apparent auto accident in north suburban Skokie.
As the school year gets underway, New Trier High School in Winnetka is making sure parents know it matters what their children are wearing to class.
A New Trier High School student has lost his bid to march in his graduation ceremony, despite getting in serious trouble for printing porn from a school computer.
Winnetka police are investigating a home invasion that happened in the area of Sheridan Road and Scott Avenue, in which a resident was attacked and injured.
A freshman member of the Evanston Township High School track team was injured Friday afternoon by a discus during a boys meet at New Trier High School’s Winnetka campus.
If you can afford to pay $2.4 million, you can move into the Winnetka house where “Home Alone” was filmed.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!