Marshall Henderson shook out of a shooting slump and scored 17 points in the second half, leading 12th-seeded Mississippi past No. 5 Wisconsin, 57-46, on Friday, giving the Rebels their first NCAA Tournament win since 2002.
Marshall Henderson shook out of a shooting slump and scored 17 points in the second half, leading 12th-seeded Mississippi past No. 5 Wisconsin 57-46 on Friday, giving the Rebels their first NCAA tournament win since 2002.
Never one to gloat, Bo Ryan had to stop himself from being too modest Saturday afternoon.
Ben Brust scored 11 of his 14 points in the second half and No. 22 Wisconsin knocked off sixth-ranked Michigan 68-59 in the second round of the Big Ten tournament on Friday.
Let’s take a look at the floor and ceiling for each Big Ten contender as the regular season nears an end.
The 2012-13 college basketball season has been even better than most for the Big Ten. This is the year that the Big Ten is talented, powerful and deep.
Ben Brust hit a shot from just inside midcourt to tie the game at the end of regulation and added a tie-breaking 3 with less than 40 seconds left in overtime as Wisconsin beat No. 3 Michigan 65-62 on Saturday.
Deshaun Thomas scored 25 points, including 10 during a game-breaking 15-0 second-half run, to lead No. 11 Ohio State past Wisconsin 58-49 on Tuesday night.
In the wake of Illinois’ 23-point loss to unranked Wisconsin, the Fighting Illini took a major plunge in the rankings.
The Fighting Illini are an imperfect basketball team.
In many ways, Andersen is a clone of the guy who hired him — the man who built Wisconsin football from the ground up — Barry Alvarez.
Utah State’s Gary Andersen has reached an agreement in principle to become the next head coach at Wisconsin, two UW sources confirmed late Tuesday night.
A few weeks ago, the chances of defensive coordinator Bob Diaco staying at Notre Dame after the BCS National Championship Game seemed very low.
Why did Bielema leave Wisconsin? Adam Hoge dove into the coach’s history and found answers.
Left without a coach when Bret Bielema bolted for Arkansas, the Badgers asked former coach and current athletic director Barry Alvarez to lead them when they face No. 8 Stanford on New Year’s Day.
In a stunning move in the college football landscape, Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema has accepted the same job at Arkansas.
Attendance certainly didn’t improve markedly this past weekend. Rather, it sunk startlingly.
After Wisconsin beat Nebraska 70-31 Saturday night to win its third straight Big Ten title, running back Montee Ball addressed the media.
No, that wasn’t the Oregon Ducks playing in the Big Ten Championship. That was the now 8-5 Wisconsin Badgers.
A look at how each team can win Saturday night at Lucas Oil Stadium in the Big Ten Championship Game.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!