A Naperville pastor who testified against Drew Peterson in his murder trial is using his notoriety for a higher purpose.
Stephanie Edwards, a singer known as “Sparkle,” was the prosecution’s key witness against Kelly and the aunt the minor he allegedly videotaped during a sexual encounter.
A friend of the man charged with killing Jennifer Hudson’s family members helped prosecutors fill in some gaps in their case on Monday, telling jurors about seeing William Balfour with the alleged murder weapon, and about a panicked phone call on the day of the murders.
A day after former Gov. Rod Blagojevich reports to prison to begin his 14-year sentence on corruption charges next week, his former chief of staff will be in front of a federal judge, making his plea for leniency for his role in the Blagojevich case.
A defense attorney for Rod Blagojevich drew some harsh criticism from the judge at the former governor’s corruption retrial on Monday for repeatedly asking questions that the judge had already ruled were “out of bounds.”
A Cook County Jail inmate has been charged with trying to hire a hit man to kill a witness as he awaited trial on a burglary charge, authorities said.
A prominent businessman who figured in the corruption trial of former Governor Rod Blagojevich is free on bond following arrest on a retail theft charge.
Expert says eyewitnesses can be overrated.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!