A late-night fire believed to have started in a hot water heater in the basement significantly damaged a popular Bucktown barbecue restaurant, and apartments located above.
Police shot an armed man who allegedly pointed a gun at them early Wednesday, shortly after he also pulled a gun on his stepfather at an Englewood home, according to a police union official. It was the second police involved shooting in a 24-hour period.
A 15-year-old boy was killed in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side on Tuesday afternoon.
Gunfire left one man dead and another wounded just after midnight in the South Shore neighborhood, and five others were wounded across the city in the overnight hours.
Police are crediting the cooperation of neighbors, as well as the keen ears and efforts of investigators, in leading to the arrest of a man wanted for the shooting of another man early Saturday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
Chicago Police are warning residents of the Ukrainian Village neighborhood about a series of burglaries this month.
Two people have been killed, and at least 24 other people — one of them a 12-year-old girl — have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon.
The heavy rain overnight didn’t stop gunfire from ringing out in some parts of the city, including one incident in the West Englewood neighborhood that left five people wounded.
A bizarre weekend where the high exceeded 80 degrees also brought a rash of violence across Chicago, which left at least 10 people dead and some 40 others wounded.
One person was killed, and four more were injured, in a rash of shootings Thursday evening on the city’s South and West sides.
A man convicted in the murder of a Near West Side pizzeria manager will learn his fate Tuesday.
A man is dead after a shooting on Sunday in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side.
A man is set to be sentenced Monday in the 2008 murder of a pizzeria owner whom the man thought was part of a rival gang.
Police shot and killed a man overnight, as he fled from officers with what was believed to be a weapon.
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.318
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!