The Michigan Wolverines are the No. 1 team in the country for the first time in more than two decades, and one of the biggest reasons why is point guard Trey Burke. He flirted with the NBA draft at the end of the 2011-2012 season but decided to return for his sophomore campaign to bring Michigan a championship.
Keshawn Martin scored twice in the third quarter on similar lunges to the end zone, and No. 23 Michigan State held off Denard Robinson and No. 11 Michigan 28-14 on Saturday for its fourth straight victory over the Wolverines.
Les Miles earned the nickname “Mad Hatter’ for is unconventional, and sometimes head-scratching, play calls. Despite those questionable calls, Miles has had plenty of success coaching at LSU.
Jim Harbaugh’s not coming. And Pat Fitzgerald isn’t either. But Les Miles still might be. Or maybe it’ll be Brady Hoke, some mystery candidate or, hmm…
At first he was fired, and then he wasn’t. But now Michigan has made it official and has fired their head football coach Rich Rodriguez.
According to a report by FOX 2 in Detroit, the University of Michigan has fired their head football coach Rich Rodriguez.
Christmas is over. New Year’s is looming. And in between this week the Big Ten gets its bowl season rolling.
On Feb. 8, 1896 – one month after X-Rays were discovered and nine months before William McKinley was elected as the United States’ 25th president – a the Midwest’s premier universities held a powwow in Chicago and established the Big Ten.
Eleven years ago, I was sitting in the press box at Michigan Stadium, watching the Wolverines storm to a 27-7 lead over Illinois midway through the third quarter when a kindly, gray-haired U. of M. alum seated in my row leaned in toward me.
For the second week in a row, Iowa City was home to another unexpected turn in the Big Ten title race. The Hawkeyes beating Michigan State was not necessarily surprising, but the way in which they dominated the Spartans in every facet of the game certainly was.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Talk about determined. Notre Dame quarterback Dayne Crist finished off an opening scoring drive against Michigan last week even though he couldn’t see out of his right eye. Crist acknowledged Wednesday […]
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!