A Cook County corrections officer who claimed to be so prolific at faking injury that he nicknamed himself the “Duty Injury King” has been suspended without pay.
A Cook County Circuit Court employee has been charged with stealing $3,500 in traffic ticket payments, the fourth clerk’s office employee to face criminal charges this year, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
A legal battle may be brewing between the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Chicago City Council Finance Committee.
Guards at Menard prison downstate may have committed millions of dollars’ worth of fraud stemming from workers’ compensation payments, the state Department of Corrections has told lawmakers.
A lobbying group for Illinois’ small business owners says it’s time for major reforms from state government to improve the state’s deteriorating business climate.
The ink is barely drive on Illinois’ new workers’ compensation law, but already, Republicans in the legislature are hoping to make far bigger changes.
The work is done for the spring legislative session in Springfield.
Local courts, and not a state system of arbiters, would handle workers’ compensation cases if a bill awaiting state Senate action becomes law.
The Illinois House has voted to abolish the state’s workers’ compensation system, instead shifting such claims to the state’s circuit court system.
Gov. Pat Quinn still says workers’ compensation is his biggest legislative priority this month, but he’s still offering few details about when lawmakers will see his plan on the floor.
With just a few weeks left in Illinois’ legislative session, Gov. Pat Quinn is providing few details on how to accomplish what he calls one of his biggest goals.
Both Republicans and Democrats agree that workers compensation reform is a serious issue, but a proposal to change the system has failed to pass the state Senate.
A proposal to do away with Illinois’ workers’ compensation system has passed a house committee.
The cost of doing business is making Illinois a leader in some of the wrong ways.
Federal investigators have opened a wide-scale criminal probe into the way state government compensates its injured workers.
A new investigation has found yet another way that Illinois taxpayers are being cheated.
Illinois business groups are pleased with workers’ compensation reforms passed in a state House committee Sunday evening.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!