Hope and possibility are just a matter of time, at least for Chicago baseball.
With new managers on both sides of town, no one can know for sure what to expect.
Even the most seasoned baseball observers among you might not realize that, in spite of that White Sox title in 2005, Chicago still remains a championship graveyard.
Dave Huyette caught David Freese’s walk-off homer in Game 6 of the World Series, which ultimately forced a Game 7 as the St. Louis Cardinals won their 11 World Series title.
Watching the Cardinal players mob each other at the pitcher’s mound really sucked, as did seeing the champagne showers in the locker room and David Freese getting the MVP for the series and Tony LaRussa mentioning the Cubs in his postgame presser and Albert Pujols’ stupid smile and a sea of cheering annoying fans that looked like the elevator opening in The Shining.
The St. Louis Cardinals won a remarkable World Series they weren’t even supposed to reach, beating the Texas Rangers 6-2 in Game 7 on Friday night.
Chris Carpenter will start on three days’ rest in Game 7 of the World Series for the St. Louis Cardinals.
In one of the most exciting World Series games of all-time, the St. Louis Cardinals, down to their final strike in both the ninth and 10th innings, forced a decisive Game 7 when David Freese capped a game for the ages with a walk-off home run to center field.
Before last night’s thrilling Game 6 ended, KDFW, Dallas’ FOX affiliate, erroneously sent out a text alert claiming the Rangers had won the World Series.
Down to their final strike in the ninth and 10th, the Cardinals won Game 6 on David Freese’s 11th-inning homer off Mark Lowe.
As the Cardinals David Freese hit a walk-off homer to force Game 7 of the World Series on Thursday night, FOX Sports’ Joe Buck made an interesting call.
Major League Baseball postponed Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday because of rain in the St. Louis area.
How long will it take Theo Epstein to bring a World Series to the North Side?
Mike Napoli hit a tiebreaking two-run double in the eighth inning against Marc Rzepczynski, and the Texas Rangers rallied from a two-run deficit to beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2 on Monday night and take a 3-2 World Series lead.
Before Theo Epstein left his home in Boston for the title-hungry Chicago, he had one last Red Sox order of business to take care.
Looking lost at the plate all game, Josh Hamilton and the Rangers suddenly resembled the team that bashed its way to Busch Stadium. They rallied for two runs in the ninth inning against the nearly spotless St. Louis bullpen, beat the Cardinals 2-1 Thursday night and evened things at 1-all.
The World Series is upon us, about to test all-time lows for national interest, as two teams from flyover country play in the rain and wind while most Americans watch reality shows.
While the Red Sox and Cubs continue to negotiate compensation for Theo Epstein, neither team can announce anything until at least Friday now.
Though early reports indicated the Cubs and Red Sox were working to get a deal in place for Theo Epstein by the start of the World Series on Wednesday night, new reports say that likely wont be the case.
David Freese hit a three-run homer in the first and manager Tony La Russa turned again to his brilliant bullpen for seven sturdy innings as St. Louis captured its 18th pennant with a 12-6 victory over the bumbling Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday night.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!