There is a team of hockey players who know all about battles and wars, and these days they’re playing the game they love to raise awareness of other American heroes like them. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson reports.
Two teenage boys were wounded in separate shootings Friday evening on the West Side.
12 people have been wounded in weekend gun violence, including a man who was shot in the back after committing a robbery.
Three people–including a teenager–were dead and at least four other people were wounded in separate shootings Friday evening.
Ambulance 85 from Chinatown was sent and started the victim on a journey spanning two different hospitals, which greatly delayed medical care. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
He nearly died after being shot in the line of duty. On Thursday, Chicago Police Officer Del Pearson thanked the officers who saved his life and revealed he’ll be the official starter for the Police Memorial Foundation’s annual “Run to Remember” 5K this weekend.
Four teenagers were shot as they sat on a porch in the South Side Grand Crossing neighborhood Monday afternoon.
A 13-year-old boy was wounded in a drive-by shooting as he stood in front of his South Side home Monday afternoon.
A Marine from Antioch who lost his arms and legs to a bomb in Afghanistan, says the killing of Osama bin Laden makes his sacrifice more meaningful.
A wounded U.S. Marine hopes to come home to Antioch next month, one year after losing both arms and legs in Afghanistan.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is headed to an overseas military base in Germany to visit wounded service members.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!