The Cubs are pulling out all the stops to gain support in their quest to renovate Wrigley Field.
Carlos Beltran and Jon Jay drove in two runs apiece, and the St. Louis Cardinals capped an impressive trip with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
A suburban teacher and avid Cubs fan has died following a chocking accident while at the game on Sunday at Wrigley Field.
As the Cubs defeated the arch-rival Cardinals several blocks away, neighborhood residents and a Cubs vice president again discussed details of the Wrigley Field renovation plan, and possible competition to move the team.
Cicero town president Larry Dominick, a self-proclaimed lifelong Cubs fan, has offered Ricketts and the Cubs 50 acres of free land to “build a new stadium with significantly increased seating, more parking and the opportunity to generate more advertising revenues.”
Wrigley Field could come alive for 10 more nights a season. The Cubs want more night games, and next week, the idea is expected to go before City Council.
So, what if the Cubs set up their own giant HDTV on the reverse side of their proposed video board?
Tom Ricketts stood in front of a crowded banquet hall Wednesday with the City Club of Chicago in attendance and gave a play-by-play of plans to “restore” Wrigley Field.
For the first time since taking ownership of the Cubs in 2009, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said he will move the Cubs within four years if his proposed Wrigley Field restoration plans were not approved by the city.
As the Cubs unveiled their plans for what they call the “restoration” of Wrigley Field, the team’s owner is threatening to bolt if he doesn’t get the deal done with the city.
A 26-year-old man has been charged with shooting another man, who refused to take part in an armed robbery with him, early Sunday outside Wrigley Field, police said.
Public opinion matters to the Cubs in their efforts to modernize their property and stabilize their presence in Tom Ricketts’ beloved Wrigleyville.
The Wrigley Field rooftop owners invited neighborhood residents to take in tonight’s game with Texas from the rooftop at 3637 North Sheffield. WBBM’s Bob Roberts reports that they’re not sure what to think of the deal to modernize Wrigley Field.
In the wake of the bombings at the Boston Marathon, the Chicago Area Runners Association was honoring their Boston colleagues with a Unity Run on Tuesday. The run, starting at Foster Avenue beach, was not getting any special security attention, but other sporting events in Chicago over the next few days will.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel acknowledged Tuesday there are still many details yet to be worked out in the deal on a $500 million plan to renovate Wrigley Field, but he doesn’t think that’s a problem.
Lance Berkman has spent a lot of time in the Wrigley Field visitors clubhouse – perhaps too much time.
The renovations in and around the park will have a positive effect on business, the fans and the residents of Wrigleyville.
We know where the head was sent, and there is information on where the rest of goat may have wound up.
A day after striking a $500 million deal with the city to renovate Wrigley Field and build a new hotel, Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts said the agreement would bring a World Series title to the North Side.
After the Cubs and the City of Chicago announced a deal to renovate Wrigley Field, eyes quickly turned to see the reaction of the Wrigleyville Rooftops Association, which did not have a voice in the negotiations and has a 20-year contract with the team that could be affected by the renovation.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!