An annual music festival held here in Chicago, Pitchfork Music Festival will take place July 19-21 in Union Park. While most bands haven’t been confirmed–the festival usually has over 40 artists–Pitchfork announced three headliners today: R. Kelly, Björk, and Belle and Sebastian….
Presented here to help you do that is a field guide based on my observations of every holiday party I have attended since 1995. These are some ideas for what not to be.
Here are my top five events for December. Go to them. That’s the point of this article.
Having been running music festivals since 2005 (R.I.P. Intonation Festival!), Pitchfork is a saavy crew of promoters at this point. No longer the minor league for Lolla, the fests now regularly trade headliners (Hot Chip and Feist have both played Lolla previously; Vampire Weekend are pulling off the rare Pitchfork-Lolla-Pitchfork appearance) and the audience might be less 20-something face-painted scenesters and more 30-year-olds with blankets. But audience-schmaudience! Let’s talk about the entertainment.
A list of some of the best events for June. Don’t forget to wear pants when you go to these. You don’t want to get arrested for indecent exposure.
It may still be February, but summer is closer than you might realize. In fact, Pitchfork is set to release the list of performers for its annual music festival this July.
U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) read a speech on the House floor Tuesday, honoring 93XRT for its upcoming 40th anniversary, and Lin Brehmer for 20 years on the air at the station.
2011 won’t suck though. I’m determined to find things to do, ways to get out of the house; no more being a hermit! In case you want to get on board with this new trend of socializing, here’s a list of worthwhile Chicago events. You’re welcome.
Lin Brehmer at WXRT, shares his picks for the top shows to see before Thanksgiving!
Chicago will have its first new mayor in 22 years, when Richard M. Daley steps down and Rahm Emanuel is inaugurated on Monday. The mayor-elect blew in a call to the WXRT Morning Show about […]
The official lineup for Lollapalooza 2011 on Aug. 5-7 in Grant Park has been released. Check it out!
It’s been a time-honored tradition for almost 50 years: Dying the Chicago River green for the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel is helping CBS radio station WXRT (FM-93.1) celebrate “Chicago Day”–a full day of programming dedicated to the city we love.
WXRT-93.1 FM radio will air a two-hour special on John Lennon’s final interview Wednesday night, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of his assassination.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!