Two of the elite talents in the American League, Miguel Cabrera and Mariano Rivera, have begun this year no differently than any other they have played.
Mike Matheny is the ideal champion of a noble cause, and he has decided to take up the fight.
Max Scherzer capped a stupendous stretch for Detroit’s starting rotation, and the Tigers advanced to the World Series for the second time in seven years by beating the New York Yankees 8-1 Thursday for a four-game sweep of the AL championship series.
Kenny Williams has always had a thing for twilight.
The Detroit Tigers got a big boost from Anibal Sanchez’s arm. They got a helping hand from an umpire, too. The reward: a commanding 2-0 lead in the AL championship series, and a trip home with their ace ready to start.
With Alex Rodriguez benched, the Yankees advanced to the AL championship series against the Detroit Tigers, starting Saturday night in the Bronx.
Just maybe the Baltimore Orioles’ remarkable run into October is not so improbable after all.
The Orioles squeezed out a 3-2 victory Monday night to even their AL division series at one game apiece.
Alexei Ramirez hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in the seventh, Adam Dunn added his major league leading 36th an inning later and the Chicago White Sox beat the New York Yankees 9-6 Monday night to end a three-game losing streak.
A night after the White Sox rallied to win at Yankee Stadium on Dayan Viciedo’s three-run homer in the ninth, they made it a short and sour major league debut for Yankees starter Adam Warren.
Dayan Viciedo hit a three-run homer off David Robertson in the ninth inning after a throwing error, and the Chicago White Sox rallied past the New York Yankees 4-3 Thursday night.
Ivan Nova struck out a career-high 10 and the New York Yankees beat the Chicago White Sox 7-2 on Thursday night, completing a four-game sweep and winning their seventh in a row overall.
New York beats Chicago 3-2 on Monday as the White Sox struggled to score without injured slugger Paul Konerko.
The fan who returned Derek Jeter’s ball from his 3,000th hit will get a bit of memorabilia to keep – his own baseball card.
In the third inning of Sunday’s Yankees-Rays game, Derek Jeter hit a home run. It was the 237th home run of his career. But more importantly, it was the 3,000th hit of his career, and the fan who caught the ball passed up a big pay day to return it.
Leading up the last weekend’s Cubs-Yankees series it seemed as if demand for tickets was lacking, but Wrigley Field saw the biggest crowd for a three-game series in it’s 97-year history.
Nick Swisher hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in the eighth inning and the New York Yankees routed the Chicago Cubs 10-4 on Sunday night in the finale of their first series at Wrigley Field in eight years.
This Cubs are in the middle of a stretch that could either officially end any small hope of the team being competitive this season, or could start stir up some optimism among their restless fans.
The Cubs have some pretty high-profile series coming up over the next couple of weeks, but visits from the Yankees and White Sox don’t seem to be doing a whole lot for the secondary ticket market.
The Chicago Cubs and the New York Yankees will play in Wrigley Field for the only the second time since the 1938 Word Series when they start a three-game series on Friday.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!