Cost and level of security don’t necessarily correspond when installing a new home security system.
Over 70 percent of the time a minor is killed by a gun, the gun used was housed in that minor’s own home.
Over 1.5 million children are homeschooled by their parents in the U.S.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification can offer big costs, and big savings.
Despite its green reputation, is composting more costly than it’s worth?
Do universities really need spa-like gyms and dorms that could pass for luxury hotels?
Is the Obama administration failing the housing market? Maybe.
What does ObamaCare mean for you? The more you understand, the better you’ll fare.
Hitching health and greener planet hopes to the local food movement? You may want to reconsider.
Planning to sell your home? You may want to wait until 2016 before listing it.
Avoid stress, headache and delays. Ask the right questions to find the right contractor.
Check out these 10 must-have smartphone apps for the ultimate foodie.
Help your kids learn and prepare for the future through after-school activities.
Here are some easy, plant-saving tips that will keep your foliage fresh, lush and healthy.
Learn how to keep your large home appliances working through basic maintenance.
From the East Coast to the West Coast, recycling is a big issue for local governments.
If you’re looking for a place to rent, keep this list of questions handy.
Is your living space small? Don’t sweat it. You can still have a big party.
These four holiday recipes are both scrumptious and healthy.
Most homeowners associations come with a lot of rules. But they also come with plenty of benefits.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!