As expected, third baseman Brent Morel and pitcher Zach Stewart were among five White Sox cuts Tuesday at Camelback Ranch.
The White Sox announced today they have claimed right-handed pitcher Zach Stewart off waivers from the Pirates.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
Turns out former White Sox utility man Brent Lillibridge won’t get to face his old team tonight after all.
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman may have described the White Sox’s third base woes best by calling it a “black hole.”
As the White Sox were busy regaining first place in the AL Central, management was busy filling a hole at third base via trade. Former Red Sox, now White Sox, third baseman Kevin Youkilis was dealt during the eighth inning of the White Sox/Brewers pitchers’ duel.
Pinch-hitter Eduardo Escobar lined an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Chicago White made it an adventuresome afternoon, beating the Milwaukee Brewers 1-0 Sunday.
The White Sox have landed third baseman Kevin Youkilis from the Boston Red Sox, in exchange for infielder Brent Lillibridge and pitcher Zach Stewart.
It’s only a matter of time now until John Danks returns from his stint on the disabled list.
The White Sox have only won two games since our last mailbag and have now lost 10 of their last 13 games.
By Adam Hoge- GLENDALE, Ariz. (CBS) – The White Sox pushed up cut day and rookie manager Robin Ventura set his first Opening Day roster Saturday morning. The biggest battle was for the last two […]
Cleveland Indians starter Ubaldo Jimenez allowed three runs and seven hits in five innings of a 7-1 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday.
The White Sox have agreed to one-year contracts with 24 players, including second baseman Gordon Beckham, catcher Tyler Flowers and starting pitcher Chris Sale.
Consider the White Sox a dangerous dark horse in 2012. To get you ready for the off-season, here are five burning White Sox questions for the winter.
Poor pitching and a lack of clutch hitting kept the Chicago White Sox reeling on Saturday night. The White Sox dropped their seventh straight game, a 10-3 loss to the Royals.
In spite of high expectations, Dayan Viciedo continues to impress the Chicago White Sox. The highly touted hitter showed off a new tool — his arm — in Chicago’s 7-3 loss to the Cleveland Indians on Sunday.
Rookie Zach Stewart had a perfect game through eight innings as the White Sox, coming off a disastrous series in Detroit, defeated division rival Minnesota at Target Field on Monday
Alejandro De Aza drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Chicago White Sox to an 8-6 win over the Minnesota Twins on Tuesday night.
Jered Weaver pitched seven innings, and Erick Aybar drove in three runs in the Los Angeles Angels’ sixth straight victory, 8-0 over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
The White Sox granted reliever Brian Bruney his unconditional release Monday after the right-handed reliever cleared waivers and rejected an assignment to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!