Tale of the tape
Week 10: Chicago Bears Vs. Houston Texans
|When Jay Cutler gets protection from his line, he is capable of ripping apart any defense. He has a remarkably strong arm and the kind of quick release that allows him to wait until the last second before whipping the ball into a narrow hole. While he will hold on to the ball too long at times, he can also use his footwork to get out of trouble. Forget the smirk on his face, he has top-of-the-line skills.||Quarterback||Matt Schaub is one of the smartest signal-callers in the league. He is not known for his long strikes downfield, but he can get the ball there. Call him a game manager if you want, but that’s just what Bart Starr was for the dynastic Green Bay Packers. Schaub is accurate, athletic, confident and if he any quarterback is up to the task of handling Chicago’s takeaway-oriented defense, it’s him.|
|As well as the Bears have played, they still don’t have an offensive identity. They want to be a big-time offense that throws the ball all over the field, but their best offensive player is versatile Matt Forte. He can get through small holes and accelerate quickly. It’s hard not to be impressed with wideout Brandon Marshall who is coming off a 3-TD game vs. Tennessee. The offensive line lacks consistency.||Offense||The Texans play old-school football. If you are going to defend them, you will have to show you can stop Arian Foster running with the ball and that won’t be easy. Foster can run between the tackles and also dart to the outside and make big plays. Andre Johnson is a big-time playmaker who will try to get the best of Bear cornerback Charles “Peanut” Tillman. Owen Daniels is underrated at the tight end position.|
|The Bears’ defense has simply been amazing this year. Their ability to take interceptions and return them for touchdowns separates the best defense in the league by an even wider margin. Charles Tillman is an amazing force when it comes to forcing fumbles. However, the unsung hero of the Chicago defense is defensive end Julius Peppers (5.0 sacks). While he has not been in on the team’s defensive touchdown parade, he is a force on every snap.||Defense||The Texans rely on the explosive talent of superb pass-rushing defensive end J.J. Watt. He already has 10.5 sacks and he excels at batting passes down when he doesn’t get to the quarterback. Cornerback Johnathan Joseph can handle top receivers and he will have to handle Marshall. The loss of linebacker Brian Cushing (knee) will hurt against a big-time opponent like the Bears. Bradie James is a big hitter for the Texans.|
|The Bears got their special teams going in Week Nine against Jacksonville when they blocked a punt for a touchdown and Devin Hester had a brilliant return. Robbie Gould has mastered kicking in windy Soldier Field like few others and he is impervious to pressure.||Special Teams||The Texans like punter Donnie Jones. While he does not have overpowering leg strength, he punts the ball high and he has nailed 13 punts inside the 20. Shayne Graham is a reliable field goal kicker who has made 13-of-15 attempts this year. The Texans have given up both a punt and a kickoff return for touchdowns this season.|
We'll just call it a tie
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!