Tale of the tape
Week 13: Seattle Seahawks At Chicago Bears
|Russell Wilson is learning on the job and makes quite a few mistakes, but he is solid quarterback for a rookie. However, he tends to play much better at home than he does on the road. Even though he threw two TDs and did not have a pick at Miami, he is not quite as decisive away from home. That’s a problem when you face takeaway-oriented defense like Chicago’s.||Quarterback||Jay Cutler responded well after returning from his concussion. He moved well in the pocket, found his open receivers and fired the ball to his receivers. When Cutler can step into his throws, throws one of the best medium-range passes in the NFL. However, when he throws off his back foot, he makes a lot of mistakes.|
|The Seahawks will want to establish Marshawn Lynch and their running game against the Bears defense. It will be a very difficult assignment, because the Bears will make it a point to take away Seattle’s best offensive attribute. Sidney Rice can threaten the Bears’ secondary, but Wilson will need time to get him the ball downfield.||Offense||The Bears want to get the ball to running back Matt Forte as a runner and receiver, but he suffered an ankle injury in Week 12 against the Vikings. He may be limited in this game. Michael Bush is a solid backup but he is not as versatile as Forte. Cutler wants to get the ball to Brandon Marshall. He can carry the Bears’ passing game because he can almost always defeat one-on-one coverage.|
|The Seahawks are aggressive on defense and will come after Cutler with a solid pass rush. Defensive end Chris Clemons is the team’s best pass rusher. He has 8.0 sacks this season and he will try to feast on the Bears’ vulnerable offensive tackles. Rookie middle linebacker had nine tackles and an interception against Miami.||Defense||The Bears responded well after getting pushed around by the 49ers in Week 11. They punished the Vikings and bounced back with another stellar performance. Big-play cornerback Charles Tillman suffered an ankle injury against the Vikings and his absence would be a huge loss for Lovie Smith’s team. Defensive end Julius Peppers is not having an impressive statistical year, but he still commands double-team blocking.|
|Leon Washington returned a kickoff for a touchdown that gave the Seahawks a second-half lead over the Dolphins, but his team could not hold that advantage. Placekicker Steven Hauschka has been solid but not spectacular, making 15-of-18 field goal attempts.||Special Teams||Return specialist Devin Hester suffered a concussion against the Vikings and he may not be allowed to play in this game. Placekicker Robbie Gould usually excels in the windy environment of Soldier Field. The Bears have not been thrilled with punter Adam Podlesh, but he has responded with two strong games.|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!