Tale of the tape
Week 4: Chicago Bears At Dallas Cowboys
|Jay Cutler has yet to assert himself this year with his new, high-powered offense. The Bears still expect to light up the scoreboard from time to time, but Cutler has been inconsistent with his passing and his sulking demeanor gets most of the headlines. Despite the poor start, Cutler is capable of lighting it up at any time.||Quarterback||Tony Romo has been an up-and-down performer throughout his run with the Cowboys. While there’s no doubt that he throws one of the most catchable, feathery soft passes in the NFL, big moments seem to overwhelm him. He came through in Week One against the Giants, and playing on Monday Night football is another big opportunity.|
|An ankle injury kept Matt Forte from playing against St. Louis in Week Three and he may not be able to compete here. Backup running back Michael Bush is an excellent inside runner but he is not as versatile as Forte. Brandon Marshall has not lived up to the hype in the early going and the pressure will mount until he starts to dominate games. Alshon Jeffery has the size and hands to make big plays.||Offense||The running game stalled out against the Bucs and that’s not a good sign with the Bears coming to town. DeMarco Murray should be solid but the offensive line didn’t do much for him. Wideout Miles Austin should be able to make plays if Romo has the time to find him.|
|The Bears were worried about middle linebacker Brian Urlacher’s knee early in the season, but he has held up nicely through the first three games. Defensive end Julius Peppers requires an extra blocker or he could make life miserable for Romo. Linebacker Lance Briggs is the Bears’ best tackler and cornerback Charles Tillman excels at stripping the ball from receivers.||Defense||The Cowboys would like to assert themselves with another strong defensive effort. They have the best all-around defensive player in the game in LB DeMarcus Ware, who will try to hunt down Cutler. Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is sure to cook up blitzes and schemes designed to expose the Bears’ weak offensive line.|
|The Bears have one of the most consistent placekickers in Robbie Gould. He almost never misses on kicks of 40 yards or less. The Bears may need to make things happen on special teams, so don’t be shocked to see Devin Hester go back to his familiar punt return role.||Special Teams||The Cowboys think that Dan Bailey is a good enough placekicker to help them win games. He did just that in Week Three when he made 3-of-3 FG attempts in the 16-10 win over the Bucs. Punter Chris Jones is averaging 48.1 yards per punt this season.|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!