Tale of the tape
Week 5: Chicago Bears At Jacksonville Jaguars
|The Bears are coming off a sensational effort in Dallas and Jay Cutler had his best game of the year. Cutler minimized his mistakes and completed 18-of-24 passes for 275 yards with 2 TDs and no interceptions. Cutler wants to string games together and this would be a good place to start.||Quarterback||Blaine Gabbert appears to be a solid competitor with decent athletic ability. He is going to have his ups and downs and competing against the Bears defense is likely to be one of the downs. They have too many veteran players who can make big plays and that’s going to frustrate Gabbert.|
|The Bears want to take the pressure off of Cutler by letting running back Matt Forte carry the ball, but he is slowed by an ankle injury. Brandon Marshall is a big-time wide out who is loaded with confidence after catching 7 passes for 138 yards and a touchdown against the Cowboys.||Offense||The Jaguars are not going to beat the Bears if they rely on the downfield passing game. They need running back Maurice Jones-Drew to attack the Chicago defense as a runner and in the short passing game. Justin Blackmon is a solid receiver who can complement Jones-Drew.|
|The Bears have gotten off to a brilliant start defensively through the first quarter of the season. This veteran unit has already registered 14 takeaways after intercepting five of Tony Romo’s passes. Lance Briggs doesn’t get as much publicity as Brian Urlacher, but he is a better player at this point in his career. Julius Peppers can still be a one-man wrecking crew.||Defense||OLB Russell Allen is a very aggressive tackler and he has the range to shut down any running game. Linebacker Paul Posluszny has great hands and he also knows how to position himself in the passing lanes. Defensive end Jeremy Mincey had two forced fumbles in the Week Four loss to the Bengals.|
|The Bears are going to get the better of special teams play nearly every week. In addition to the consistency of placekicker Robbie Gould, Devin Hester is perhaps the best return man in the history of the game. The Bears will use him to return punts when they need his contribution.||Special Teams||Bryan Anger has one of the strongest legs in the league. He is averaging 53.2 yards per punt this year and he has dropped five punts inside the 20|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!