Tale of the tape
Week 7: Chicago Bears Vs. Detroit Lions
|The Bears have full confidence in Jay Cutler. He has one of the strongest arms in the league and he couples that with a quick release. Cutler is often maligned for his body language, but he puts the ball on the money and can go downfield with accuracy. Cutler can buy time for his receivers to get open with his quick feet.||Quarterback||Matthew Stafford continues to throw the ball for big yardage, but he has not been finding the endzone the way head coach Jim Schwartz an Lions fans expect. Stafford has only thrown four TD passes in his first five games while tossing five interceptions. Stafford caught fire in the come-from-behind win against Philadelphia and the Lions are hoping that game represents a return to form|
|Brandon Marshall is one of Cutler’s best friends in football and also one of the most dangerous receivers in football. He is the Bears’ best big-play wideout and he is good enough to beat double-team coverage. Running back Matt Forte is one of the most versatile players at his position in the league. He is a strong runner, a solid receiver and a consistent blocker.||Offense||The Lions have plenty of big-play weapons on the offensive side, led by superstar wide receiver Calvin Johnson. While he has caught 35 passes for 558 yards, he only has one TD and that needs to change. Running back Mikel Leshoure is only giving the Lions ordinary production on the ground.|
|Big plays are the rule for the Bears defense. Linebacker Lance Briggs is one of the Bears’ biggest stars on defense and he has returned interceptions for scores in each of the last two games, as has defensive back Charles Tillman. Julius Peppers is a pass-rushing force to be reckoned with and he faces double-team coverage on a regular basis.||Defense||The Lions have plenty of big-name talent on the defensive side of the ball, but they are not playing to that talent level. The Lions have gone three consecutive games without getting a sack and that’s a recipe for disaster against a quality team like Chicago. The Lions often lack discipline and that is demonstrated by late-hit penalty calls against the defense.|
|Robbie Gould is one of the most dependable kickers in the league and he has mastered the Soldier Field winds. The Bears should have a huge opportunity to get their kickoff and punt return games going against the vulnerable Lions.||Special Teams||The Lions have struggled badly covering kickoffs and punts. They have already given up four special teams touchdowns. That’s an area that the Bears may be able to exploit. Jason Hanson is a dependable placekicker, making 16-of-17 field goal attempts this season.|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!