Two of the greatest Chicago events this year will be on Sunday, July 31st and Monday, August 1st, when the legendary Beatle, Wings and solo artist, Paul McCartney graces the stage at Wrigley Field for the first time, with two action-packed concerts! The weather should be great for both shows, and you can get updates from CBS Chicago.
Here are some inside tips and information for all of your concert going needs.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Chicago’s Wrigley Field
Monday, August 1st, 2011
Chicago’s Wrigley Field
The show starts promptly at 8PM and there is a DJ onstage for 15 minutes before Paul comes out. The show will last until approximately 11PM.
He will play over 30 songs and should do two encores for people looking to stay until the end. If you want to beat the crowd and traffic, you should probably leave when the encore begins.
Transportation & Parking
You are strongly encouraged to use public transportation going to and from the concerts.
The CTA Red Line provides direct service to Wrigley Field via the accessible station at Addison. Fans can transfer to Red Line trains from all other rail lines and from most east-west bus routes.
The RTA also offers the RTA TRIP PLANNER at www.goroo.com to use while planning your trip to Wrigley Field. For other details, contact the RTA hotline at 773-836-7000.
There will be parking around Wrigley Field, but it will be expensive. Plan to arrive early if you drive to the event and want to park your car.
About The Tour
McCartney’s Wrigley Field gig will likewise be a hugely anticipated return to the city that has hosted historical performances by Paul in the past: The July 31 show will be his first visit to Chicago since 2005.
Every one of this summer’s On The Run dates can safely be predicted to feature nearly three hours of the world’s most familiar and beloved music, with hits, deep cuts and surprises spanning McCartney’s unrivaled catalogue of Beatles, Wings, solo and Fireman classics. – Read more
Wondering what Sir Paul sounds like these days?
Catch a few clips of his recent show at Yankee Stadium in New York!
Live and Let Die, Yankee Stadium
Band on the Run, Yankee Stadium
Hey Jude, Yankee Stadium
Maybe I’m Amazed, Yankee Stadium
Set List: Paul McCartney Concert at Yankee Stadium, New York on July 15, 2011
1. Hello, Goodbye (The Beatles song)
2. Junior’s Farm (Paul McCartney & Wings song)
3. All My Loving (The Beatles song)
4. Jet (Wings song)
5. Drive My Car (The Beatles song)
6. Sing the Changes (The Fireman song)
7. The Night Before (The Beatles song)
8. Let Me Roll It (Wings song)
9. Paperback Writer (The Beatles song)
10. The Long and Winding Road (The Beatles song)
11. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five (Wings song)
12. Let ‘Em In (Wings song)
13. Maybe I’m Amazed
14. I’ve Just Seen a Face (The Beatles song)
15. I Will (The Beatles song)
16. Blackbird (The Beatles song)
17. Here Today
18. Dance Tonight
19. Mrs Vandebilt (Wings song)
20. Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles song)
21. Something (The Beatles song)
22. Band on the Run (Wings song)
23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (The Beatles song)
24. Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles song)
25. I’ve Got a Feeling (The Beatles song)
26. A Day in the Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be (The Beatles song)
28. Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings song)
29. Hey Jude (The Beatles song)
31. Lady Madonna (The Beatles song)
32. Day Tripper (The Beatles song)
33. Get Back (The Beatles song)
34. Encore 2:
35. Yesterday (The Beatles song)
36. Helter Skelter (The Beatles song)
37. Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End (The Beatles song)
Get Insider Tips From 104.3 K-HITS, Chicago’s Greatest Hits Of The 60s, 70s & 80s
The following items will not be permitted inside Wrigley Field:
- HARD-SIDED COOLERS OF ANY SIZE AND/OR TYPE
- LARGE BAGS, LUGGAGE ETC., OVER THE SIZE OF 16″ X 16″ X 8″
- BOTTLES, CANS, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES (sealed plastic bottles of water and soft drinks not exceeding one liter acceptable)
There will be no claim checks available for hard-sided coolers at the gates. Bags over the size limit will be claim checked only after inspection.
The following items will be permitted:
- BAGS, PURSES, FANNY PACKS AND BACKPACKS SMALLER THAN THE SIZE LIMIT 16″ X 16″ X 8″
- SMALL SOFT-SIDED COOLERS
All permitted items will be subject to search.
104.3 K-HITS goes commercial free 1 hour before each concert (approximately 7pm to 8pm) and 2 hours after each show (approximately 11pm to 1am) to celebrate the music of McCartney. Make sure you tune in on your way to the show and home!
More Paul McCartney
- Paul McCartney Asks ‘What Song Will Help You Beat The Heat At Wrigley Field?’
- What To Expect At Sir Paul McCartney’s Concerts
- Ringo Starr Denies 2012 Olympics Performance Rumors
- The Paul McCartney Experience With K-HITS
- Paul McCartney’s “On The Run” Tour Hits Yankee Stadium
- Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Reuniting The Beatles?
- PHOTOS: Check out photos of Paul McCartney through the years