By Lauren Wulf
The Randolph Street Market is a mecca for vintage shoppers. This May, things kick-off with their season opener. November-April, markets are held inside at Plumber’s Hall in the West Loop. During summer and fall months, the market moves indoor and outdoors. Seasonal markets include, Chicago Antique Market, Indie Designer Market, Modern Vintage Chicago and the Holiday Market.
The European-style, indoor-outdoor urban antique market features 200 select purveyors of high quality, well priced finds. You’ll find furnishings, vintage clothing, jewelry, collectibles, art and more.
Saturday, May 26, 2012 10am-6pm
Sunday, May 27, 2012 10am-5pm
Early Buying Saturday – Outdoors at 8am and Indoors at 9am
1340 W. Washington, Chicago, IL
Inside Historic Plumbers Hall
General Admission: $10 at the gate / $8 in advance
Student Admission: $5 at the gate / $3 in advance (ID required)
Early Buying Saturday: $20 in advance / $25 at the gate
Kids 12 and Under: Free
Besides finding unique treasures, vendors and artisans, the folks at Randolph Street Market, know how to throw in the perks. Here are a few highlights to look forward to:
• Complimentary furniture delivery within downtown Chicago
• Shopping Refund Vouchers for Admission by Vendors: Each voucher is for $5 off and the vendors should reduce the purchase price by $5 on items valued $25 or more. Note that not all vendors are able to honor the voucher due to their profit margins and customer should ask vendor if they accept the voucher before they shop in their booth.
• Lower advance ticket price- $8 general online / $3 student online
• Kids under 12 are always free
• New early shopping Saturdays – Outdoors at 8am and Indoors at 9am/ 100% of proceeds going to Chicago House charity. $25 at the door / $20 online advance
• Pet-friendly event! Some restrictions apply. Outdoor only. See website for more info.
Season Opener Exclusives
Vinyl Swap Meet: Thousands of collectible records from 45’s to LP’s, jazz to rock and show tunes galore will make you tap your toes and groove down memory lane;
Fancy Food Market: All types of chocolates, cakes, breads, spices, olive oils, salsa to bring home or enjoy during the event;
Global Goods Bazaar: Some delightful crafts and artisan goods representative of Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods.
• May 26-27, 2012 Season Opener
• June 23-24, 2012
• July 28-29, 2012
• August 25-26, 2012
• September 29-30, 2012
• October 20-21, 2012- Modern Vintage Chicago Fall Fashion & Jewelry Explosion
• November 17-18, 2012-6th Annual Holiday Market (Indoors Only)