CHICAGO (CBS) — A West Pullman man charged with raping two women he met on Facebook allegedly attacked a third woman just hours before one of the other rapes, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Wayne Smith, a 25-year-old barber, allegedly met the woman through Facebook in October 2009 and the two had consensual sex a day before he raped her in the early hours of Oct. 13, 2009, Assistant State’s Attorney Morgan Creppel said.

Prosecutors said Smith told the woman he had a gun with a silencer and would put it down her throat when he forced her onto a bed in her apartment in the 5200 block of West Montana. A police report said Smith actually branded a gun in the incident.

Two nights before, the two met and had consensual sex, prosecutors said. On Oct. 12 Smith came to the woman’s apartment, but both agreed they’d be better off as friends, Creppel said.

Smith, 25, still spent the evening but the pair argued during the night and once again in the morning as the victim got ready for work, Creppel said.

When the woman, then 23, refused Smith’s sexual advances, he pulled her hair and told her nobody would hear if he used the gun, Creppel said. He laughed after raping the woman, Creppel said.

Later that afternoon, Smith sexually assaulted another female Facebook friend he had just met in-person and lunched with, prosecutors said.

Smith was charged in that case last week when prosecutors re-opened their investigation following his arrest for a Feb. 28 rape of another woman he met on Facebook.

Smith attacked those two women at his residence and also threatened them with a weapon, prosecutors said.

Smith, of the 12000 block of South Wallace, was charged in his third accuser’s case after his DNA matched evidence recovered from her rape kit, Creppel said.

“Third time,” Judge Adam Bourgeois Jr. chastised Smith. “Something’s wrong.”

Bourgeois ordered Smith, who is already being held on bail for the previous rapes, held on $1 million bond.

(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)

Watch & Listen LIVE