CHICAGO (CBS) — The family of a missing 13-year-old boy was hoping surveillance video of him from the day he disappeared would help police locate the teenager.

As CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot reports, Cleve “Scoot” Randall has been missing since March 17, when he left his grandmother’s home on the 8000 block of South Ada Street a few minutes after 6 p.m.

Two other cameras picked up video of Cleve as he walked home – less than a mile away – to meet his sister and legal guardian.

“I don’t know if somebody picked him up, snatched him off the street,” his grandmother, Lucy Dinson White said. “But he usually just goes right straight home.”

Cleve was last seen wearing faded blue jeans, a black windbreaker jacket and FUBU sneakers. His blue and gray book bag was slung across his body.

He was captured on three different surveillance cameras as he walked to meet his sister – once right outside his grandmother’s apartment building. Two more cameras captured his image as he crossed the intersection of 81st and Ada streets, headed towards 82nd Street.

Cleve hasn’t been seen since that footage was taken.

“He looked so normal on that video tape, walking down Ada. We would have expected him to be here,” his sister Wilhelmina Randall said.

When he was last seen at 81st and Ada streets, Cleve was just five blocks from home, where his sister and legal guardian was waiting for him.

She and her grandmother were out Tuesday afternoon, handing out fliers with a photo of Cleve.

“Ask your family and friends if they seen this child. We just want him home,” his sister said.

Since his disappearance, the Cook County Sheriff K-9 unit has searched the neighborhood, along with Chicago Police detectives.

Community activist Andrew Holmes has been passing out fliers.

“We’re gonna probably go throughout the city as we can get individuals to go door-to-door, because we’re going to make sure that we bring this young man home safely,” Holmes said.

Wilhelmina Randall’s boyfriend, Derrick Dinson, has been a father figure to Cleve for the past seven years.

“Please come home. If somebody’s got him, just let him go, so he can come home,” Dinson said.

Cleve’s sister said he had recently told friends he wanted to be with his biological mother, who lives on the West Side. His mother said she hasn’t seen him or heard from him either.

Watch & Listen LIVE