CHICAGO (STMW) – A scuffle broke out between two performers in the Bud Billiken parade Saturday morning and one member of a dance troupe was charged with battery. No one was injured.
Anthony Smith, 25, of an unidentified address in Chicago, was charged with one count of misdemeanor battery, according to Wentworth District police Lt. Shawn Joyce.READ MORE: Bears Set To Take On Packers For First Time Since Aaron Rodgers Told Fans, 'I Still Own You;' Jimmy Graham Says Trash Talk Is Par For Course
Smith is a performer with the Chicago Youth Dance Coalition and he was arrested at 319 E. Pershing Rd. at 10:28 a.m., after he claimed that a flag or banner that a 17-year-old was carrying for the parade was “getting in his way,’’ the lieutenant said.
“He got into a scuffle with another group in the parade over positioning,’’ said Joyce.READ MORE: Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews Has Scored No Goals So Far This Season, But He's Motivated To Work On Game
The Pershing address is near 39th and King Drive, part of the parade route.
A paramedic responded to the scene but the 17-year-old female victim was not hurt.MORE NEWS: First Illinois Case Of Omicron COVID-19 Variant Confirmed In Chicago Resident
© Sun-Times Media Wire Chicago Sun-Times 2011. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.