PITTSBURGH (AP) — Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim says the Orange will be “ready to play” without sophomore center Fab Melo, who has been ruled ineligible for the NCAA tournament.
The university announced Tuesday that the 7-foot Brazilian, who did not travel with the team to Pittsburgh for the second- and third-round games, won’t take part in the tournament due to an eligibility issue. The school did not elaborate.READ MORE: Chicago Culture Celebrates The City While Giving Back To Youth For Black History Month
Melo missed three games earlier this season because of an academic issue.READ MORE: Mother And 10-Year-Old Daughter Dead, 4 Family Members Hospitalized After House Fire In Auburn Gresham
As he left the bus in front of the team hotel Tuesday, Boeheim at first said he nothing to say. He then told The Associated Press that “all we can do is be ready to play with the guys we have.”
Boeheim has not decided who will start in Melo’s place.MORE NEWS: Chicago Weather: Warm But Wet Sunday Morning Ahead Of Cold Front
Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.