CHICAGO (CBS) — The FBI added a new man to its 10 Most Wanted List: A fugitive from Chicago wanted for rape and murder more than a decade ago.

Fidel Urbina, 37, was first arrested by Chicago Police in March, 1998 and charged with kidnapping, raping and brutally beating a woman.

While free on bond and awaiting trial, he then allegedly raped and bludgeoned to death Gabriella Torres in October of the same year. The body of the 22-year-old Torres was found in the trunk of a car, which had been set on fire in an alley in the 2300 block of West 50th Street.

LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Steve Miller Reports

Urbina, a Mexican national who was working in Chicago as a car mechanic, was charged with that crime but authorities believe he had fled Illinois.

“Fidel Urbina is wanted for his alleged role in two brutal attacks directed against innocent women,” said Robert Grant, Special Agent-in-Charge of the FBI’s Chicago Field Office. “These crimes have demonstrated his violent nature and the need to locate and apprehend Urbina before he can strike again.”

FBI officials are offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to Urbina’s arrest. Officials warn Urbina should be considered armed and dangerous.

Urbina is a Hispanic man who is around six feet tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and a severely pockmarked right cheek.

According to the FBI, Urbina has used aliases in the past including Lorenzo Maes, Fermando Ramos and Fidel Urbina Aguirre. The FBI says he could be residing in Durango, Mexico but he also has ties to the Chicago area.

It is also the second person from the Chicago area added to the list in recent months. Eric Justin Toth, a native of Hammond, Ind., who also spent time in Illinois, is wanted of charges that he produced and possessed child pornography in Washington, D.C. and Maryland.

Urbina is the 497th person to be named to the Most Wanted list since it began in 1950. He takes the spot briefly filled by Adam Christopher Mayes who was wanted for the murder of a Tennessee woman and her daughter in late April and the kidnapping of the woman’s two other children. Authorities say Mayes fatally shot himself as law enforcement officers were closing in on him.