Updated 05/10/13 – 2:17 p.m.

CHICAGO (STMW) — Bond was set at $2 million Friday for a man who led police on a high-speed chase Wednesday that led to the death of a motorist who was accidentally struck and killed by officers pursuing him.

READ MORE: Woman Questions COVID-19 Clinic After Receiving Results Before Testing

Timothy Jones, 20, of the 12500 block of South Union Avenue, was charged with the death of 59-year-old Chicago resident Jacqueline Reynolds, according to a statement from Chicago Police.

In addition to a murder charge, Jones also faces one count of home invasion, one count of leaving the scene of an accident and one count of fleeing from police officers, according to the statement.

Jones was also cited for driving 30 mph above the speed limit, blowing through a stoplight, driving without insurance and failure to stop for emergency vehicles.

At a hearing at the Cook County Criminal Courthouse on Friday bond was set at $2 million.

Just before leading police on the chase, Jones allegedly forced his way into a Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood home about 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, armed with a handgun, police said.

READ MORE: 4 Dead, 25 Wounded In Weekend Shootings In Chicago

Officers were en route to the home in the 7800 block of South Ellis Avenue when they saw Jones pass by in a vehicle, police said at the time.

At some point during the ensuing chase, police collided with Reynolds’ car near the 2400 block of East 76th Street. Jones used the opportunity to escape police, according to the charges.

Reynolds, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said.

Two officers inured in the accident were also taken to Northwestern with non life-threatening injuries, according to police.

After the initial impact with the police cruiser, Reynolds’ car struck a third vehicle, police said. A male in that vehicle was hospitalized in “stable” condition, while a female fled the scene on foot.

An autopsy Thursday found that Reynolds, of the 7800 block of South Phillips Avenue, died of multiple blunt force injuries caused by a motor vehicle collision and her death was ruled an accident, the medical examiners’ office said.

MORE NEWS: 17-Year-Old Shot In Hyde Park

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)