Updated 09/09/13 – 2:12 p.m.
MAYWOOD, Ill. (CBS) — State officials said the man arrested for drunk driving in a fatal wrong-way crash on the Eisenhower Expressway this past weekend also was driving without a license.READ MORE: Burglars Target The North Face Store, Foot Locker In Wicker Park; Boost Mobile Nearby In Humboldt Park
Miguel Rico, 20, of the 2400 block of South Christiana, was driving a Dodge minivan west in the eastbound lanes of the Eisenhower on Saturday, when he slammed into a blue Ford near the Harlem exit, police said.
Three young women were inside the Ford, and two of them were killed.
Monica Hernandez, 20, of Maywood; and Briana Resto, 19, of Northlake, died in the fiery crash.
At the time of accident, he was wanted on an arrest warrant for allegedly violating his probation on a 2011 drug possession case. The Illinois Secretary of State’s office said he never had an Illinois driver’s license, and previously was convicted of driving without a license and speeding in 2010.
Friends and relatives of the victims showed up at the Maywood Courthouse on Monday, expecting him to appear for a bond hearing, but charges have yet to be filed in the crash. Illinois State Police said he was driving drunk at the time of the accident, and was expected to face aggravated DUI charges.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office said it doesn’t know when he’ll be back in court. He was already being held without bond for the probation violation, according to the Cook County Sheriff’s office website.