CHICAGO (STMW) — Two men were injured in a South Loop high-rise apartment fire early Wednesday.
An automatic alarm was triggered for a fire in the 1200 block of South Michigan Avenue at 12:09 a.m., Fire Media Affairs spokesman Will Knight said.READ MORE: Evanston's Fountain Square To Remain Dry For Rest Of Season Due To Faulty Work That Caused Water Loss
The two, whose ages were not immediately known, were transported from the blaze to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in serious condition, according to Fire Media Affairs.READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Another Wave Of Downpours Coming Early Friday Morning
They had burns on their arms, according to fire media.
The fire has since been extinguished, although Knight could not immediately provide further details. No other injuries were reported.MORE NEWS: 2 Police Officers Among Those Injured In Crash That Shut Down Northbound Lake Shore Drive Through Hyde Park
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)