CHICAGO (STMW) — The mother of Artez Jackson’s unborn child stirred early Saturday morning to use the bathroom, authorities said, and that’s when she realized Jackson was lurking in a doorway with a gun.

For about two months, ever since the Englewood couple broke up in October, Jackson refused to give up his key to her apartment, Assistant State’s Attorney Ron Park told the Chicago Sun-Times. Finally, Jackson appeared inside the woman’s apartment in the 6600 block of South Laflin about 2:30 a.m., Park said.

READ MORE: Chicago Radio Sportscaster Les Grobstein Dead At 69

Immediately, Park said, Jackson began to beat the pregnant 25-year-old, laughing and forcing her into her bedroom, where he took off his clothing.

And then, slipping his .38-caliber revolver into the woman’s mouth, Park said Jackson told his ex-girlfriend, “I came up here to kill you.”

“First, I was gonna shoot you in your sleep,” Jackson allegedly told her. “But since you’re awake, I’m gonna f— you up and then shoot you in the head.”

Cook County Judge James Brown refused bail Sunday for Jackson, a convicted felon, after hearing the harrowing details of the alleged assault. Jackson faces a slew of new criminal charges, including aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, aggravated criminal sexual assault, home invasion, aggravated assault of a police officer, resisting arrest and unlawful use of a weapon.

After uttering his chilling threat, Jackson allegedly pulled the gun from the woman’s mouth, pointed it at her head and sexually assaulted her, Park said.

READ MORE: Family Of Amazon Delivery Driver Killed When Tornado Hit Downstate Warehouse To File Lawsuit

But then, the prosecutor said, Jackson fell asleep. That gave the victim a chance to lock herself in the bathroom and call 911, Park said, summoning police to the apartment.

Park said Jackson was still asleep when officers arrived, but when they entered the bedroom he tried to hit one officer with a closed fist.

That officer swung back and hit Jackson in the face with an open palm, according to police reports, and then performed an emergency take-down of Jackson. Police said Jackson flailed his arms and legs in an attempt to get away, but he was eventually taken into custody.

He suffered a small cut on his forehead during the struggle, according to police.

Jackson has previously been convicted of armed robbery and aggravated battery with a firearm, Park said. He was sentenced in 2009 to 10 years and four years in prison, respectively, for those convictions, court records show, but is currently on parole.

Before that, Jackson had also served prison time for armed robbery and for possessing a firearm as a felon, according to the Illinois Department of Corrections.

MORE NEWS: 2 Men Shot While Sitting In Car In Humboldt Park

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)