(STMW) — Three men were killed and at least 15 other people were injured in shootings across the city since Friday afternoon.

The most recent fatal shooting happened Saturday night when a man was shot in the head in the South Side Chatham neighborhood.

Leroy Griffin, 18, was in the 7900 block of South Lafayette Avenue about 7 p.m. when a dark-colored SUV pulled up and several suspects got out and opened fire, striking him in the head, authorities said.

Griffin, of the 7500 block of South Langley Avenue, was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead at 7:20 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.

Police said the shooting might be gang-related.

Another man died Saturday night after he was shot earlier in the day in the Belmont Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.

Luciano Torres, 28, was sitting in a double-parked SUV in the 4800 block of West Deming Place about 4:30 a.m. when a red SUV pulled up and someone inside fired shots into the vehicle, authorities said. Police said the SUV fled the scene after the shooting.

Torres, of the 2300 block of North Newland Avenue, suffered gunshot wounds to the left side of his head and upper body, authorities said. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he died at 6:36 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.

On Friday night, a man was shot to death outside his Northwest Side home.

Jeffrey Anderson, 29, was standing outside his home in the 2800 block of North Talman Street about 9:50 p.m. when two men approached on foot and fired at him, hitting him in the left shoulder, according to police and the medical examiner’s office.

Anderson then went into his residence, where he collapsed and was found dead at the scene, authorities said.

At least 15 other people were shot across the city over the weekend.

About 10:50 a.m. Sunday, two men, ages 24 and 34, walked in to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County with gunshot wounds, police said.

The 34-year-old had gunshot wounds to his abdomen and was in serious condition, while the 24-year-old was in “stable” condition with a gunshot to his hand.

Both men were being “very uncooperative” and were not telling police where they were shot, police said.

A man was shot around 8 a.m. Sunday in the Southwest Side Ashburn neighborhood.

A 19-year-old man was in the 2900 block of West 80th Street when he was shot in the leg, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center, where he was in good condition.

About 7:20 a.m., a 15-year-old boy was shot in the Hermosa neighborhood on the Northwest Side.

The boy was in the 2000 block of North Kenneth Avenue when he was shot in the arm, police said. He was driven to Our Lady of Resurrection Medical Center by an unknown person and was in good condition.

About 7 p.m. Friday, a woman was seriously wounded in a shooting in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side.

The 19-year-old was walking with a male acquaintance when she was shot multiple times in the 8200 block of South Drexel Avenue, police said. She was taken to Christ Medical Center.

A boy was shot in the face about two hours earlier in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

The 17-year-old boy was shot about 5:05 p.m. in the 1800 block of West 52nd Street, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)