CHICAGO (STMW) — A woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a fire started at a home in the South Side Chatham neighborhood early Tuesday.

The fire began at a two-story frame house in the 8100 block of South Vincennes Avenue shortly after 4 a.m., according to Fire Media Affairs.

READ MORE: New Illinois Laws To Protect Sex Crime Victims' Privacy Take Effect Jan. 1

A 66-year-old woman was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center for smoke inhalation, Fire Media Affairs said. She was listed in good condition.

READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Cloudy Overnight With Snow Flurries For Some

Authorities were still at the scene of the fire as of 5 a.m.

MORE NEWS: View Live Radar

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)