CHICAGO (STMW) — The mother of a man shot and killed by Chicago Police earlier this month is suing, claiming the officers’ actions that led up to her son’s death were “objectively unreasonable.”

Dorothy Holmes filed the lawsuit Wednesday in U.S. District Court on behalf of her son, Ronald Johnson. About 12:35 a.m. on Oct. 12, the 25-year-old Johnson was shot by Chicago Police in the 5400 block of South King Drive. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later at the University of Chicago Medical Center, authorities said.

READ MORE: Chicago Police Union President Urges Aldermen To Repeal Mayor's Vaccine Mandate For City Workers; 'This Tyrant At The Top Needs To Stop What She’s Doing'

No specific officers were named as defendants, only “Unknown John Doe Officers.”

Holmes alleges that the “actions of the Defendant Officers were intentional, willful and wanton and/or committer with reckless indifference and disregard for [Johnson’s] rights,” the suit stated.

His mother alleges that police shot Holmes “without lawful justification or excuse,” the suit stated.

Following the shootings, police said tactical officers responded to a call of shots fired in the 5300 block of South King Drive.

A man with a gun ran east toward Washington Park when the officers tried to stop him, according to police and Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden.

READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Rain Totals From Sunday And Monday Storms

As the officers chased him, the man allegedly pointed a gun in their direction and one of the officers opened fire, striking him multiple times, authorities said.

An autopsy found that Johnson died of multiple gunshot wounds and his death was ruled a homicide, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

The Independent Police Review Authority, which investigates all police shootings, had not published any findings on the shooting as of Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesman for the city’s Law Department said they have not seen the lawsuit yet and could not comment on it.

The five-count suit alleges excessive force, battery, wrongful death and survival action. It seeks an undisclosed amount in damages.

MORE NEWS: Another Victim Of Serial Killer John Wayne Gacy Identified: Francis Wayne Alexander, Of North Carolina

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)