(CBS) Starlin Castro’s agent said the Cubs shortstop has been cleared of wrongdoing following a report that he was being sought for questioning following a shooting at a nightclub in his native Dominican Republic.
“Starlin and his family were in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Paul Kinzer told CBSChicago.com. “They were at a concert when someone in a black SUV started shooting at a car next to them. Starlin and his family are fine. They are clear of any involvement in this altercation by Dominican officials.”
Latinofoxnews.com reported Monday that Castro and Engel Beltre, a prospect in the Rangers organization, were “being sought for questioning by police in Santo Domingo in connection to a firefight at a nightclub.” The report went so far as to allege “that one of the baseball players … was visible on security footage carrying a firearm.”
Three people were reportedly injured in the incident.