ELGIN (CBS) — Some confusion led Elgin firefighters to respond to two locations last night for the same fire.

The fire was in a kitchen in the 200 block of Hamilton Avenue.

READ MORE: 2 Men Break Into GameStop In Logan Square

The caller to 911 insisted that she had given the dispatcher the correct address, but the call center’s location technology indicated another location.

To be safe, fire units were sent to both addresses and found the house number identified by emergency communications as the correct location of the fire.

The lone occupant was waiting outside on the back porch and stated that she thought the fire on top of the stove was out, but may have gotten into the walls.

READ MORE: Dozens Of Signs Coming Down In Wrigleyville Because Of Typo

Crews quickly confirmed that the fire in the kitchen was out and had not extended into the walls of the single family residence.

Damage was contained to the cooking area of the kitchen with an estimated loss valued at approximately $2000. The gas to the range was shut off and the homeowner was advised not to use it until a technician confirmed it was safe to operate.

MORE NEWS: Jussie Smollett Trial: Defense Attorney Calls For Mistrial And Accuses Judge Of Lunging At Her; Judge Denies Claims And Motion

The home was still habitable.