CHICAGO (CBS) — Two men were killed, and a third was wounded, when gunfire erupted outside a nightclub in the Bucktown neighborhood.

Police said it started with a brawl inside Dolphin nightclub, 2200 N. Ashland Av., shortly before 3 a.m. The bouncers kicked the people involved in the brawl out of the club, and the fight escalated outside. Witnesses said that’s when shots rang out.

READ MORE: Delivery Driver Shot In Head In Back of The Yards; 18-Year-Old Struck In Thigh

Elijah Moore, 41, a father of three, was pronounced dead at the scene, after he was shot in the chest. Deonta Jackson, 35, of the 600 block of West 115th Street was shot multiple times and also was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said a 26-year-old man was shot in the wrist, and was being treated at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.

Mary Tate, the grandmother of one of Moore’s three children, said she was “stunned and shocked” Moore had been slain.

“It’s hurtful to know that somebody would do this to him,” she said. “He’s a very nice guy. He’s very nice. I’ve been knowing him for a lot of years. He’s very nice.”

Tate said she lost her 17-year-old daughter to gun violence in 2002.

READ MORE: Toys For Tots Motorcycle Parade Delivers Presents For Children

Police said the shooting was under investigation. No one was in custody as of Monday afternoon.

It was not the first time police have been called to the Dolphin for a shooting. Four years ago, a 20-year-old woman was shot in the back outside the club.

There was also a stabbing at the Club in November 2010.

With more families moving into the area, and a Mariano’s grocery store located across the street, some Bucktown residents want the place shut down for good.

Steve Jensen, president of the Bucktown Community Organization, said it’s time to pull the club’s license. He said the neighborhood is “in an uproar” and many believe the nightclub “is a bad neighbor” that needs to be permanently closed.

32nd Ward Alderman Scott Waguespack had asked the city to close the club, but it remained open.

“It’s these kind of things that frustrate an alderman,” Waguespack said. “When we are sitting there telling to city ‘just shut this place down, reign them in do whatever you have to,’ we’ve done our part to make sure you know that this is a problem.”

MORE NEWS: Chicago Weather: Monday Brings Wind, Blast Of Cold Air

He plans to again ask the city to close down the club in the wake of Monday’s shooting.