By John Dodge
CHICAGO (CBS) — Target has confirmed that it will open a TargetExpress store in Streeterville this October
The 24,000 square foot store will be located at 401 E. Illinois St., which was previously home to Fox & Obel.
TargetExpress is the retailer’s newest store format and will provide:
• Pharmacy, Starbucks, Target Mobile, self-checkout lanes. It will allow online shoppers to have purchases shipped to the store for free;
• Women’s and men’s apparel;
• Sports merchandise, including relevant Chicago sports teams;
• Home department, beauty products and travel accessories, like luggage tags and phone chargers
• To-go sandwiches, salads, beverages and snacks.
Target has opened two TargetExpress locations in the San Francisco area, and announced plans to open six additional TargetExpress stores throughout the rest of 2015, including the Streeterville location.