(CBS) Jackie Robinson West’s court case against Little League that sought to regain the Chicago South Side team’s 2014 national championship was dismissed Thursday after team officials withdrew their legal petition, DNAinfo.com reported.

In late June, JRW officials took legal action to regain the team’s national title, which it won in August 2014 before it was stripped in February after Little League International concluded the team used players outside its boundaries. Now that quest is over.

READ MORE: Pair Charged In Murder Of 8-Year-Old Melissa Ortega Denied Bail; Accused Teen Gunman Committed Three Previous Carjackings, Prosecutors Say

The news didn’t come as a great surprise, as Little League had filed a brief earlier in August that said JRW only had five legal players on the team, DNAinfo.com reported. Cook County Circuit Court Judge Kathy Flanagan dismissed the case Thursday, according to DNAinfo.com.

READ MORE: Chicago Weather Alert: Heavy Lake Effect Snow Possible Through Tomorrow Morning

In an interview earlier Thursday morning on 670 The Score, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel reiterated no court outcome could change his view on JRW and the respect he has for the team.

“They’re still champions. You can’t take that away from the kids,” Emanuel said. “It’s about what the adults did or didn’t do, etc., but it was the kids on the fields who stole second, it was the kids on the fields who did an amazing catch, or did a double play; and so that stands the test of time.

MORE NEWS: Bears Reportedly Hiring Colts Defensive Coordinator Matt Eberflus As New Head Coach

“They’re our champions, and we’re always going to respect what they did on the field.”