CHICAGO (STMW) — Seven people were killed and 34 others have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday evening, according to Chicago Police.

In the most recent fatal shooting, a 33-year-old man was in a vehicle about 8:20 p.m. traveling southbound in the 7600 block of South Eggleston in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood when another vehicle pulled alongside and someone inside opened fire, according to from Chicago Police.

The man suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the torso and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said. The Cook County medical examiner’s office could not immediately confirm the fatality.

Previously, on Saturday morning, a man and woman were found shot to death in an apparent murder-suicide in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side.

Officers assisting the Chicago Fire Department with a well-being check in the 1400 block of East 54th found the 65-year-old woman and 73-year-old man dead at 9:49 a.m., police said. They both had gunshot wounds to the head, and the man’s wound was self-inflicted. They were both pronounced dead at the scene.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office confirmed the deaths but did not release further details Saturday afternoon.

Several hours earlier, a man was found shot to death in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.

Officers received a call of shots fired in the 4800 block of West Monroe just before 5:30 a.m. and arrived to find 23-year-old Eric Smith lying face down on the ground, police and the medical examiner’s office said. Smith, who lived a block away in the 4800 block of West Adams, was shot several times and pronounced dead at the scene at 7:20 a.m.

About 3:40 a.m., a man was killed and two security guards with Kates Detective Agency were wounded in a shooting in University Village.

Witnesses at the scene said the security guards pulled up to a large party outside the ABLA-Robert Brooks Homes in the 1300 block of West Hastings before shots were fired.

One man, 24, was shot in the back and was dead at the scene, police said. The medical examiner’s office did not confirm the death Saturday morning.

Friends took him to University of Illinois Hospital, where the car was left outside the emergency room entrance.

The security guards were taken to Stroger Hospital, where their conditions were stabilized. One, a 29-year-old man, was shot in both thighs, his hand and his forearm. The second, a 30-year-old man, was shot in the hand.

At least one of the security guards drove himself to the Chicago Police 12th District precinct at 1412 S. Blue Island after the shooting. Police tape was wrapped around the Kates Detective Agency SUV where it had stopped in front of the precinct.

About two hours before that, a man was killed and another was wounded in a shooting in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.

Latrell McMahon, 18, and a 19-year-old man were in the first block of South Springfield about 1:30 a.m. when they were shot, authorities said. McMahon was shot in the abdomen and pronounced dead at the scene at 1:56 a.m. He lived in the 1800 block of South Fairfield.

The other man was shot in the right leg and listed in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.

Late Friday, a man was fatally shot in the North Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.

Charles Wiley, 22, was shot in the neck about 10:30 p.m. in the 2200 block of South Kirkland, police and the medical examiner’s office said. Wiley, who lived in the 4200 block of West Cullerton, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 11:04 p.m.

The weekend’s first fatal shooting occurred in West Englewood.

Melvin Cook, 16, was shot in the head just after 9 p.m. by two males who approached the vehicle he was riding in, authorities said. At the time of the shooting, the vehicle was going down an alley in the 6500 block of South Hamilton Avenue. Cook, who lived in the 5700 block of South Calumet, was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:27 p.m. Police said the driver ran away from the vehicle after the shooting.

The most recent nonfatal shooting left a 40-year-old man wounded Sunday morning in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. He was shot twice in each leg about 4:25 a.m. in the 5400 block of South Albany, according to Chicago Police. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where his condition was stabilized.

At least 33 other people have been shot in Chicago since 5 p.m. Friday.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)