CHICAGO (CBS) — A carjacking and a series of auto thefts were reported Friday on the North Side.
In each incident, a male offender stole victims’ vehicles at gunpoint, or stole vehicles that were left running, unlocked and unattended, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The carjacking happened about 7:05 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of North Armour Street, police said.
The auto thefts happened:
– about 9:45 a.m. Friday in the 800 block of North Michigan Avenue;
– about 10:20 a.m. Friday in the 700 block of West Wabansia Avenue;
– at 11:19 a.m Friday in the 700 block of West Hubbard Street;
– about 6:45 p.m. Friday in the 1900 block of North Lincoln Avenue;
– at 2:46 p.m. Friday in the 3500 block of North Clark Street; and
– about 9:05 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of North Bosworth.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all dark clothing, or a black and gray hooded sweatshirt, police said.
Anyone with information should call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)