CHICAGO (CBS) — A woman died and two other people were injured Saturday evening in a hazardous materials situation in an apartment building in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood.
Fire crews responded about 9:30 p.m. to a Level One HazMat situation involving high carbon monoxide levels at a first-floor apartment in the 11300 block of South Church Street and found 62-year-old Linda Russell, authorities said.READ MORE: Woman Questions COVID-19 Clinic After Receiving Results Before Testing
Russell was pronounced dead at 9:48 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. An autopsy Sunday found she died of carbon monoxide toxicity and inhalation of products of combustion from operating a gas generator in an enclosed space, and her death was ruled an accident.READ MORE: 4 Dead, 25 Wounded In Weekend Shootings In Chicago
Another woman was taken in serious-to-critical condition to MetroSouth Medical Center in Blue Island, the Chicago Fire Department said. A man was taken in fair-to-serious condition to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park. Their ages were not immediately known and additional details were not provided.
Area South detectives were conducting a death investigation, Chicago Police said.MORE NEWS: 17-Year-Old Shot In Hyde Park
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2017. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)