CHICAGO (CBS)–Chicago police are warning residents of the West Lawn neighborhood of a string of residential burglaries.
During seven burglaries reported since Feb. 8, an offender enters a home through a door sometime between 1 p.m. and 3:30 a.m. and takes off with the resident’s belongings, according to a community alert issued by police.READ MORE: One Person Is Dead, Another Critically Injured After An Explosion At W.R. Meadows In Hampshire
The burglaries were reported in the following locations and on the following dates and approximate times:
• The 6400 Block of South Kenneth on Feb. 8 at 3:30 p.m.
• The 5800 Block of South Kildare on Feb. 8 at 5:15 p.m.
• The 6400 Block of South Kenneth on Feb. 9 at 2 p.m.
• The 6100 Block of South Kolin on Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m.READ MORE: Man Steals Car, Crashes It Moments Later In Back Of The Yards
• The 6200 Block of South Kolin on Feb. 13 at 1 p.m.
• The 5900 Block of S. Karlov on Feb. 17 at 3:30 a.m.
• The 6000 Block of South Komensky on March 1 at 8:30 p.m.
Police said residents should keep their property well-lit, report suspicious activity, and keep doors and windows locked and well-secured.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8380.MORE NEWS: Chicago Weather: A Little Snow For The Weekend