CHICAGO (AP/CBS)– Lottery officials say the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday’s drawing has ballooned to an estimated $750 million , which would be the fourth-largest grand lottery prize in U.S. history.
A look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:READ MORE: 2 Class Action Lawsuits Filed Against Rockton's Chemtool Plant
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, South Carolina)
3. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
4. $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
5. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)READ MORE: With Areas Of Naperville Devastated By Tornado, Neighbors Band Together A Night Later To Help Each Other
6. $648 million, Mega Millions, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
7. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
8. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)
9. $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
10. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)MORE NEWS: Man Fatally Shot While Working On Car In Front Of His Fernwood Home
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.