CHICAGO (CBS) — A Chicago father charged in the accidental fatal shooting of his young son heads back to court Monday.

Ronald Davis is being held without bond.

READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Slight Chance Of Storms Overnight; A Quiet Pattern To Come

He’s charged with child endangerment and unlawful possession of a weapon.

READ MORE: At Least 2 People Killed, 32 Wounded In Gun Violence In Chicago So Far This Weekend

Prosecutors said Davis left a gun in reach of his three-year-son last month.

MORE NEWS: 1 Killed, 2 Wounded In West Pullman Shooting

His family told police they were in another room, heard gunfire and returned to find the boy with a gunshot wound to the face.