CHICAGO (CBS) — Two adults and two children were hospitalized Monday night after a power washer caused a hazardous materials situation in their Marquette Park neighborhood home.

The Fire Department said a homeowner was using a power washer in the basement of the home at 6634 S. Albany Ave., which caused high carbon monoxide levels.

READ MORE: 1 Dead, 2 Injured In I-57 Expressway Shooting Near 119th Street

That caused a hazardous materials situation in which dangerous fumes filled the home, and the Fire Department rushed to the scene around 7:45 p.m.

READ MORE: 101st Airborne 'Screaming Eagles' Soldiers To Help Staff United Center Mass Vaccination Site

CBS 2’s Eric Cox reported a floor stripper with another kind of chemical was in use, and ventilation was poor because it was in a basement.

The victims were all taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good and stable condition, the Fire Department said.

MORE NEWS: Brent Seabrook Ending Playing Career After 15 Years With Chicago Blackhawks

The Fire Department emphasized that gasoline-operated devices are never to be used indoors.