CHICAGO (CBS) — Kenneth Malone, 25, has been charged with killing 66-year-old James Lewis on Thursday, during a confrontation in Chatham, after Malone had sex with Lewis’ 17-year-old niece.

Malone has been charged with one count of first-degree murder, and was ordered held without bail Sunday afternoon.

READ MORE: MISSING: Jessica Allison, 22, And Daughter Aislin Grace Allison, 4, Of Valparaiso, Indiana

Kenneth Malone is charged with one count of first-degree murder. (Source: Chicago Police)

During Malone’s bond hearing, Cook County prosecutors said Lewis and his 17-year-old niece were home alone Thursday night in the 500 block of East 89th Place.

As CBS 2’s Steven Graves reported, prosecutors said the teenage girl initially lied – claiming that Malone broke into her home that night and sexually assaulted her. But prosecutors said what really happened was the niece let Malone in through her first-floor bedroom window. The niece had been texting with Malone since late October.

Once inside, Malone and the teen began having sex, and Malone tied her up “as part of a role-play scenario,” prosecutors said.

Afterward, Malone went upstairs, wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and walked into Lewis’ bedroom. Lewis chased Malone downstairs, wielding a golf club, and after returning to the 17-year-old’s bedroom, Malone shot Lewis four times, striking him in the head, shoulder, and back, prosecutors said.

Malone grabbed a jewelry box from the house and fled the scene, dropping his mask, a neck warmer, a bullet, and the jewelry box once he was outside.

READ MORE: COVID-19 In Indiana: 798 New Cases, 5 Deaths

Lewis was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

The 17-year-old was taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital, where she was stabilized.

Prosecutors said Malone was arrested about 10 minutes after the shooting, and right afterward the niece accused him of sexual assault, but after further quesitoning, admitted the sex was consensual.

Malone confessed to she shooting after his arrest, prosecutors said. His hand also tested positive for gunshot residue, and prosecutors said police are reviewing home surveillance footage from cameras in the kitchen and living room of the house.

Malone has retained an assistant public defender who did not say much at the hearing.

MORE NEWS: COVID-19 In Illinois: 1,513 New Cases, 47 Deaths

It was not clear late Sunday afternoon whether the girl would face charges of filing a false police report, Graves reported.