CHICAGO (CBS)– An industrial fire broke out in Bedford Park.
Smoke was seen pouring from the Nickel Composite Coatings, a nickel plate processing company at 6454 W. 74th Street. Due to materials on scene, crews were concerned about hazardous materials.
This led crews to call in a second alarm fire for extra help. Firefighters broke down doors and had to cut a hole in the roof.
The cause of the fire may have been a faulty electric heater.
Officials said the fire may have caused around $50,000 in damage.