CHICAGO (CBS) — Police on Tuesday were warning South Loop residents of three robberies targeting restaurants during the evening hours this month.
In each instance, a suspect entered the restaurant, jumped over the counter, and took the cash register. The suspect implied that he had a knife after being confronted by an employee in one incident.READ MORE: Jordan Hassell Charged With Making Multiple Social Media Threats Targeting Chicago Public Schools
The incidents happened at the following times and locations:
• At 5:38 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 8, in the 1900 block of South State Street;
• At 5:12 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 15, in the 100 block of East Cermak Road;READ MORE: COVID-19 In Illinois: Case Count Declines For 3rd Consecutive Week; Infection Rate Lowest Since July
• At 7:10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, in the 1900 block of South State Street.
The suspects were males between the ages of 15 and 30, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Three detectives at (312) 744-8263.MORE NEWS: Obamas Return To Chicago For Groundbreaking Of Presidential Center Tuesday
Also From CBS Chicago:
- Out-Of-Town Victim Speaks After Fighting Off Carjackers Who Put Gun To His Chest Right In Loop
- Former Student Sues Minooka Community High School, Says Racism Is Blatant, Rampant, And Entrenched There
- Woman Says She Paid Thousands To Contractor To Fix Leaky Roof, Only For Him To Demand More And More — And Then Vanish