EVANSTON, Ill. (CBS) — Two people were displaced Monday by a fire that broke out in an apartment building in Evanston.
At 12:27 p.m., the Evanston Fire Department was called out for a fire at 2215 Central St. Fire companies arrived to see smoke and flames pouring out of the multi-unit building.READ MORE: Teen, 15, Shot In The Loop
Several units of the apartment building sustained smoke and water damage, but the fire was contained to one apartment, the fire department said.READ MORE: CTA Bus Driver Beaten Near Millennium Park
MORE NEWS: Oak Park And River Forest High School Ban On Activities Due To COVID Outbreak Sparks Outrage
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago assisted the two residents of the apartment who were displaced.