CHICAGO (CBS) — Chicago firefighters responded to a hazmat situation in a building in the city’s River North neighborhood Sunday night, officials confirmed.
Around 5:30 p.m., firefighters responded to an eight story building at 59 W. Grand for the Level 1 Hazmat due to high carbon monoxide levels. The building is a mixed occupancy building.READ MORE: Bucktown Woman Shaken After Being Carjacked During Saturday Morning Spree, And She's Not The First Victim In Her Family
According to the Chicago Police Department, three restaurant employees were transported in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in by the Chicago Fire Department. Two of those people were in serious to critical condition and one was in fair to serious condition.READ MORE: At Least One Person Injured In Zion Snowmobile Accident
India House, a restaurant located on the bottom floor of the building, confirmed it was closed due to an emergency situation.MORE NEWS: Mars Wrigley Says It Will Move Most Operations Out Of Its Plant On Chicago's West Side Over Next 2 Years
Firefighters requested People’s Gas to help deal with the situation.